Nab Customer Support Group
JANUARY 2019 NEWSLETTER 3
Publicity and Press Releases –
23 January 2019 to 3 February 2019
SME Alliance meeting in Conway Hall, London
Next NABCSG Meeting
Recent Press Coverage / Noteworthy Correspondence
1. UK TIMES article – 23 January 2019
2. Katherine Griffiths – TIMES – quoted that final paragraph
3. DRS Steering Implementation Group – FCA CEO Andrew Bailey and Ian Lightbody
4. Mail on Sunday article – travelling to CYBG AGM in Melbourne
5. AGM webcast link – http://webcast.openbriefing.com/4916/
6. Selection of Press Articles the next day – 31 January 2019 – Daily Mail, Scottish Herald
7. Kevin Hollinrake MP – Chair of APPG Fair Business Banking – to CEO UK Finance – 31 January
8. UK Sunday TIMES article – 3 February 2019 – Clydesdale Bank, led by David Duffy, under fire
Notification – SME Alliance meeting in Conway Hall, London – 12 February 2019
Event to be held at the following time, date and location:
Tuesday, 12 February 2019 from 13:00 to 17:00 (GMT)
Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, Holborn London
Red Lion Square
WC1R 4RL London
Several of us will be attending this event representing the NABCSG. If you can please join us as
we are now figuring more in the SME Alliance’s thoughts and recent publications.
Next NABCSG Meeting
Save the date – The next NABCSG Meeting will be held on Thursday 28 Feb 2019 from
13.00 to 17.00 – Venue TBA in Glasgow
Given all that is happening / about to happen this meeting will be the most important yet.
Brian Little who has assisted us recently and who, through his DUP connections in the UK
Parliament will address the meeting.
We are hopeful also that Stewart Hosie MP, who sits on the Treasury Select Committee will
address the meeting.
Please make every possible effort to attend. As with Manchester in December those
requiring financial assistance for travelling expenses please
We recently sent out a request for funds for the group activities and thank you to all who
We are not however achieving anything like what we require to fund our activities and given
that we have achieved so much and have a chance/platform to sort out so many issues
once and for all it would be unforgivable if these opportunities were not grasped with both
All donations go directly to offsetting expenses / outlays. NO time charges apply so all time
given is free of charge.
In this respect, we have invited Graham Heywood one of our group members to act as
Treasurer / Keeper of the purse!
Please don’t let these opportunities pass and dig deep!
Australia Royal Commission Final Report release: Monday 4 February 2019
Newsletter Number 4 – next target publication date 15 February 2019